2008 Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition0
All is now set for the 2008 Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics competition. The Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics competition is an annual event open to all Secondary Schools in Nigeria. The 2007 edition of the competition ended with with Sanni Abdulmusawwir of Ota Total Academy, Ota, Ogun State and Ezeaka Chibudem Lesley of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja emerging the best two kid’ mathematicians in the country.
The first stage of the this year’s competition would take place in 130 centres across the country on February 16 and the results posted on the company’s website as from March 27, 2008.
The second and the final stage would at the Lagos Airport Hotel on Saturday April 19 with the best two pupils from each state and the Federal Capital Territory competing for the final . The best two candidates of the 2008 edition in the competition would represent Nigeria at the Pan African Mathematics Olympiad in Egypt in August.
- State winners (both categories): first – N15,000, second – N10,000 and third – N5,000.
- National winners – Junior school category: first – N100,000, second – N75,000 and third – N50,000
- National winners – Senior school category: first – N130,000, second – N100,000 and third – N75,000.
- Mathematics teacher of the first prize winners in each state for both the junior and senior school category.
- School of the star prize winner: 200 classroom tables and chairs, mathematics textbooks and metal sign post.
- Schools of second and third winners: Mathematics textbooks and metal sign post respectively.
In addition, winners will also receive branded gifts items and Cowbell milk products.
Entry into the competition is completely free and school principals may also download registration forms, guidelines, list of examination centers and read other details from the website of Promasidor Nigeria Ltd.