2013/2014 British American Tobacco Nigeria / BAT Iseyin Agronomy Scholarship Scheme0
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN), in conjunction with British American Tobacco Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) invites applications from qualified Nigerian undergraduates, for the 2013/2014 Scholarship Scheme.
The Scholarship Scheme is one of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
In 2005, the scope of the Scholarship Scheme was expanded to include eligible students from across the country. This expansion was based on stakeholder expectations raised at a stakeholder dialogue session. Ten eligible students are awarded scholarships every year for the duration of their study, with five slots reserved for eligible children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
In the event that the farmers’ children do not meet the eligibility requirements, those five slots are opened up to candidates from tobacco leaf growing communities (not farmers’ children). In the event that they also do not meet the eligibility requirements, the five slots are opened up to candidates from other parts of Oyo State.
The Scheme is open to:
- Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers
- Other qualified candidates from across Nigeria
Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards need not apply. Dependants of employees of BAT Nigeria, BATIA and the BAT Nigeria Foundation are not eligible for this scholarship.
Important points to note:
- All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
- Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
- Hardcopy and multiple applications will result in instant disqualification
- Successful applicants will be listed on this website
- Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply.
- All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above
- For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers – admission to study or registered first year student studying any course in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
- For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first year student studying Agriculture / Agriculture-related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
- Closing Date
The closing date for the acceptance of applications is Monday 28th October 2013. Applications sent after the closing date will not be considered.
To apply go to: www.batnscholarship.com
Source: British American Tobacco website