2015 Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition2
The schedule for the 15th edition of the Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition (NASSMAC) has been released. The Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition is an annual event sponsored by Cowbell Milk (a quality food product from Promasidor Nigeria Limited) and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education. The national is widely acclaimed as one of the most credible educational competitions in Nigeria that truly seeks to reward excellence.
The 2015 edition marks the 15th year sponsorship of NASSMAC by Cowbell. To commemorate this feat, the Second Stage has been modified to include an interactive QUIZ format (Quarter-Final, Semi-FInal & Final). Also, the prize money has been improved for both students and teachers.
How to enter
- The Mathematics Competition is FREE and open to students from 10 – 18 years of age attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
- Each School is required to present their BEST six (6) students in Mathematics (three from JSS3 and three from SSS2), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the next stage of the competition.
- Each School head should collect six (6) registration forms which must be correctly filled, stamped and signed by the School Principal and presented by the Students to the officials at the examination centre on the examination day. School Principals may also download registration forms online at www.promasidor-ng.com. Forms can also be obtained at the various State Ministries of Education in Nigeria and Promasidor Nig. Ltd, depots and offices nationwide. Please note that photocopied forms are allowed, as long as the School Principal endorses it.
- The organizers would like this competition announced daily at the assembly and the posters conspicuously displayed at all Notice Boards, Assembly Halls and School entrances.
The first stage examination for this year’s competition will hold in the 36 states and the Federal capital. Examination Centres in Ogun state are:
- Yewa College, Ilaro.
- Abeokuta Grammar School, Abeokuta.
- Adeola Odutola College, Ijebu-Ode.
- Ansar-Ur-Deen Comprehensive College, Otta.
- Remo Secondary School, Sagamu.
- Pakoto High School, Ifo.
For National Examination Centres: 2015 List of Cowbell Mathematics Competition Examination Centres
Examination: Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 10:00am (accreditation from 8:00am).
Release of Result: Friday, March 20, 2015.
Rules and Regulation:
- The First stage examination will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, March 14th, 2015 at 10:00am. However, accreditation of all candidates begins at 8:00am.
- Candidates must come to their designated examination centres with their Registration Forms.
- Late comers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Candidates are to come along with only a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School Uniform.
- Please refer to examination centre list to check for the centre nearest you.
- The competition is ONLY open to Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
- The decision of the board of examiners is final! We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
National Awards (Junior and Senior Categories)
- 1st Prize: N750,000
- 2nd Prize: N500,000
- 3rd Prize: N250,000
Mathematics Teachers of Winning Candidates
- 1st Prize: N250,000
- 2nd Prize: N200,000
- 3rd Prize: N150,000
Apart from cash prizes, the National Champions and their Teachers will be sponsored to an all expense paid vacation.
Winning School Prize
- 1st Prize: 5 Desktop Computers and Printer
- 2nd Prize: 3 Desktop Computers and Printer
- 3rd Prize: 2 Desktop Computer and Printer
State Awards (Junior and Senior Categories)
- 1st Prize: N25,000
- 2nd Prize: N20,000
- 3rd Prize: N15,000
Mathematics Teachers of Winning Candidates
- 1st Prize: N15,000
Benson Oweka’s Memorial Prize
The school with the most consistent and outstanding performance over a three year period (2013 – 2015).
- Higher education exercise books and pens for all the students of the winning school.
Cowbell NASSMAC 2015 Poster: Poster
Cowbell NASSMAC 2015 : Guidelines & Instructions for Registration
Cowbell NASSMAC 2015 : Entry form
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2014)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2013)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2012)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2011)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2010)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2009)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2007)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2003)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2002)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Junior (2001)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Senior (2011)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Senior (2010)
Cowbell NASSMAC Past Exam Question: Senior (2009)