The PRESSID Implementation Committee invites qualified candidates to apply for the third edition (2015/2016 academic session) of the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID). The Scheme, which sponsors graduates that have obtained First Class Honours degrees from any recognized and approved university, for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world was established in January 2012 and has awarded a total of two hundred and five (205) scholarships under two editions (the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 academic sessions).
It is part of efforts to the the Federal Government of Nigeria to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, by developing a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development.
Ogun state topped the list of beneficiaries of the 2014/2015 Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) awards claiming 17 out of the 104 slots.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme
Interested candidates should:
- Be graduates from the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2014;
- Have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied programmes:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Medicine*: Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Oncology, Human Genetics, Forensic Medicine, Physiotherapy, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, ophthalmology, etc.;
- Veterinary medicine*: Veterinary Parasitology, Theriogenology, Public Health, etc;
- Basic Medical Sciences: Biochemistry, Physiology, Dentistry, Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Human Nutrition, Nursing Science, Anatomic and Molecular Pathology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Microbiology, Physiotherapy, Pharmacology, etc;
- Pharmaceutical Sciences*: Drug formulations, Natural products, Drug design, Phytochemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, etc;
- Accounting/Actuarial Science: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Petroleum Accounting, Cost & Management Accounting, Environmental Accounting, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Applied Economics, Labour Economics, etc;
- Engineering: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Systems, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Process Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Refinery Design and Operations, Subsea Engineering, Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option), Reservoir Analysis, Drilling Optimization, Chemical Process Dynamics & Control, Process Modelling and Simulations, etc;
- Computing and Information Technology: Intelligent Robotic Systems, Computer Systems and Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber-Security, etc./li>
*In the case of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations or in their final results. In all cases, candidates must:
- not be above 30 years of age by October 2014;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Applicants are expected to apply for and seek admission from any of the approved top 28 universities in the world. You are advised to cross check with the courses offered by your preferred institution before completing your application.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
For further enquiries, please contact the Committee through email@example.com.
Deadline: Application closes on 18th October 2014.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
Visit the PRESSID Application Portal . Ensure you carefully read the application warning and application instruction on the portal before proceeding.