StudyinOgun.com – a portal of Schools and other Educational Institutions in Ogun state (south-west Nigeria) provides information on schools and related Educational institutions in Ogun state. It is a comprehensive guide and companion for choosing an educational institution in Ogun state.
You can access basic information (name and location) of any of the over 2000 entries currently listed in the Catalogue in an organised format making it the most extensive compilation of schools and other educational institutions in Ogun State south-west Nigeria. The list include Secondary Schools, Technical Colleges, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Health Institutions, Specialised Institutions and Libraries. More useful and detailed information is available on schools and educational institution that have subscribed to our premium cataloguing service and is freely accessible to you.
Scholarship, competition, examination and general educational News, motivating and enlightening Articles are published regularly for your information need. A Hall of Fame is also been populated in honour of those who have made the state proud and as motivation to everybody.
Studyinogun also provides you with an Advanced Search facility to locate any schools in Ogun state with just a few clicks! .
Why Study in Ogun?
Schools and Educational Institutions in Ogun state have won many national and international laurels, excelled in examinations and ranked highly in the continent. Various notable Nigerian leaders and pioneers in diverse fields are alumni of these educational institutions. StudyinOgun will assist you in getting information about any of the over 500 educational institutions in Ogun State for the 2007-2008 academic year and help you in deciding on any of the schools. Enjoy your stay!!!
Ogun State is a peaceful and serene state in the south-western region of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is one of Nigeria’s most educationally advanced states.
Ogun state has a proud history of academic excellence with outstanding schools that have produced high achievers.
- Alumni of Abeokuta Grammar School (the first secondary school in Ogun state and one of the earliest in Nigeria) include Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, Tunde Kelani the celebrated film maker, Accounting Icon David Dafinone, the Kutis, the Oyewole twins, several traditional ruler and countless notably citizens.
- The prestigious Baptist Boy’s High School in Ogun state is the Alma mater of notable Nigerian citizens including Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (Africa’s statesman and former President of Nigeria), Prince Bola Ajibola (a former Judge at the World Court), amongst others.
- The first co-educational institution in Africa – Remo Secondary School is also in Ogun state and produced the likes of Ambassador Segun Olusola, Ace Musician Adewale Ayuba, Prof. Olubi Sodipo (first Nigerian Professor of Philosophy who later became the first Vice Chancellor of Ogun State University now Olabisi Onabanjo University) and Prof. Peter Okebukola (former chairman of Nigeria University Commission).
- Miss Oluwadunni Sobukola (Abeokuta Girls Grammar School), Oyedele Oluwadetan (Regal College, Sagamu), Christianah Opeyemi Adeloye (Charis International College, Abeokuta) and Omoniyi Ayodeji won National Awards in 2002, 2006, 2011, 2012 respectively sequel to their outstanding academic performance in West African Senior School Certificate Examination (a regional examination).
Ogun state is noted for outstanding tutor and educationists
- Icons including, Revd Ransome-Kuti, Tai and Sheila Solarin (Mayflower Schools), Femi and Dotun Oyewole, Timothy Adeola Odutola
- Award winning administrators including Mr. A.O. Jinadu,
- Mr. Adeniji Olufemi (overall Best School Administrator in Nigeria in the Secondary Schools category – 2011), Adeeko Olalekan (best Junior School Administrator in Nigeria – 2007)
- Creative Teacher Award winner (Mr. Olalekan Adeek).
- Best Teacher in Sub-Saharan Africa -2010 (Risikat Adenekan)
Ogun state is also education-friendly
- Ogun state is home to the highest number of accredited Universities in Nigeria (eleven in all).
- Seven (7) of the private universities approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigeria are sited in Ogun state: Babcock University, Covenant University, Crescent University, Crawford University, Redeemer’s University, McPherson University and Southwestern University.
- Four (4) of the first 10 Secondary schools in Nigeria were located in Ogun State and still in existence. They are: Abeokuta Grammar School (26 July 1908), Ijebu Ode Grammar School ( 20 January 1913), Remo Secondary School (1934), and Yewa College (1951).
- The first University of Education (Tai Solarin University of Education), first accredited private University (Babcock University) and the first Muslim University (Crescent University) in Nigeria are all in Ogun state.
- Nigeria’s best University for the 2005/2006 academic session – Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is also in Ogun state