N-Power is part of Federal Government of Nigeria’s Social Investment Programmes designed to help young Nigerians develop and acquire life long skills to become Solution providers in their communities and become players in the domestic and global markets. The focus is to provide our young graduates and non-graduates with the skills, tools and livelihood to enable them advance from unemployment to employment, entrepreneurship and innovation. The first phase of N-Power targets Nigeria’s critical need in education, agriculture, technology, creative, construction and artisan industries. N-Power is segmented as follows:
N-Power Teachers Corps (N-Power Teach)
A paid volunteer programme that train and engage 500,000 young unemployed graduates for a 2-year duration. Besides their monthly take home pay estimated at about N23,000, the selected 500,000 graduates will also get computer devices that will contain information necessary for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development. They get to keep the devices even after exiting from the programme.
Participants will provide teaching, instructional, and advisory solutions in 4 key areas.
- N-Power Agro: function as intermediaries between research and farmers. They will operate as facilitators and communicators, helping farmers in their decision-making and ensuring that appropriate knowledge is implemented to obtain the best results on farms.
- N-Power Health: work as public health assistants teaching preventive health to community members including pregnant women, children, families and individuals and providing basic diagnostic services.
- N-Power Teach: deployed as teaching assistants in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria. They will not replace the current teachers, but will work as support teachers, assisting with teaching, school management and other functions within the schools. They will also assist in taking basic education to children in marginalised communities.
- N-Power Community Education: instruct on:
- Civic Education: focus on the core values that are vital to nation building such as promoting patriotism, integrity, productivity, ethics, and efficiency.
- Adult Education: enables young as well as mature adults (above 18 years) to improve or supplement their knowledge and skills within general subjects. From literacy to numeracy, to other skills, this programme will also enhance adults’ ability to improve their future job and educational possibilities.
Train 25,000 young Nigerians in any of the following aspects
- Creative: a 3 months programme (1-month in-class and a 2-month hands-on group project) designed to train 5000 youths in Animation, Graphic Design, Post-Production, Script-Writing Training.
- Technology Software: An 11 weeks programme to train, tool and position 10,000 hands-on software developers for the local and international software development market. Participants will undergo a project based model to training wherein they will be exposed to foundational software development tools as well as resources to thrive as a modern day software developer entrepreneur.
- Technology Hardware: A 3 months programme to train and facilitate tooling for at least 10,000 technicians in hardware repair, maintain and assemble mobile phones, tablets, computers and other devices to boost the device servicing and manufacturing industry. 1 month of assessment , graduation and setup.
An accelerated (3 months) training and certification programme that will engage and train 75,000 young unemployed Nigerians in order to build a new crop of skilled and highly competent workforce of technicians, artisans and service professionals in building services, construction, utilities, hospitality and catering, automotive vocations, aluminium and gas services.
Who can Apply?
Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 who meets the minimum requirements (if any) for your respective programme.
- on your expression of a genuine interest in whichever area you decide;
- passing the relevant tests;
- your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone; and
- ability to show a flair to develop all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
While there are fixed requirements along the way, we will be relying on you to take ownership of the process and take the lead in shaping your route, by making the most of the training that you will receive.
Application and Details:
Visit the N-Power website