The Start-up that won the Best Software Start-Up of the Year 2013 Institute of Software Practitioners of Nigeria (ISPON) award which was unveiled at the institute’s President Dinner 2014 has released a mobile game, MDG Runner.
MDG Runner is a subset of The Malaria Destroyer Game (MDG Series), a digital knowledge-entertainment and educational mobile Psycho-Game. The game is geared towards the eradication of malaria in Africa. Its central focus is to ensure that Nigeria/Africa attains a fundamental requirement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Malaria Destroyer Game (MDG) aims to reduce the cost of lost-productivity in Nigeria/Africa, by 50% before 2015.
MDG is endorsed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation.
Each year 1 million of the 300-500 million cases of malaria result in death – most of them occurring in Africa! Nigeria accounts for over 300,000 deaths yearly. Nigerians Health profile is in great danger! Economically, Malaria costs Africa an estimated $12 billion in lost productivity each year! According to the Minister of Health, a child dies of malaria every 45 seconds in Africa!
The Federal Government of Nigeria spends N480billon on Malaria prevention and treatment annually.
Malaria is a major public health problem in Nigeria, where it accounts for more cases and deaths than any other country in the world.
- Nigeria looses more death to Malaria than other countries at War!.
- Malaria is a risk for 97% of Nigeria’s population. The remaining 3% of the population live in the malaria free highlands.
- There is an estimated 100 million malaria cases with over 300,000 deaths per year in Nigeria. This compares with 215,000 deaths per year in Nigeria from HIV/AIDS.
- Malaria contributes to an estimated 11% of maternal mortality.
- The Game (Malaria Destroyer Game) is a full graphics animated mobile game which runs across all mobile platforms (Andriod, Apple IOS, e.t.c); originated, designed and developed by Mobile Software Solutions Limited – a Nigerian IT firm.
Visit GooglePlay Apps Store to download, review and comment this game.
Source: Institute of Software Practitioners of Nigeria (ISPON)