Application Deadline: 26th of April 2013
The purview of the A.G. Leventis Foundation is very broad; it encompasses preservation of the natural environment, agricultural and technical education in West Africa. the granting of scholarships, financing of publications, the restoration, preservation and promotion of the wealth of Hellenic civilization in Greece, Cyprus and elsewhere as well as the promotion of activities for social welfare.
By providing scholarships at post-graduate level, the Foundation enables talented young people to pursue further study at leading universities around the world.
Leventis Foundation Nigeria Scholarships for MBA Studies in Greece
ALBA Graduate Business School and the A.G Leventis Foundation, offer two scholarships covering full tuition, accommodation and living expenses for two qualified students from Nigeria to attend The ALBA MBA program in Athens Greece for the academic year 2013 – 2014.
ALBA Graduate Business School is an accredited, research driven academic institution with international distinctions.
Basic entry criteria:
- Nigerian Citizenship
- 1st or Upper 2nd Class Bachelors degree completed
- Excellent command of English Language
- At least three years of work experience
- An ambitious individual
26th April, 2013
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to apply online by registering at https://applications.alba.edu.gr and then send their completed application hard copy package (include all official supplementary documents) to:
Leventis Foundation Nigeria (Iddo House)
P.O. Box 26, General Post Office,
Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
Ms. Zoe Kourounakou,
Director of International Relations, ALBA
Mrs. Nnena V. Chukwu,
Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: 07098212794, 08023140445
February 21, 2013 | Editor
Dufil Prima Foods Plc, makers of Nigeria’s No.1 children favourite meal, Indomie Instant Noodles has announced the commencement of their 2013 Indomie National Post Graduate Nutrition Scholarship Awards which is a focal part of the company’s corporate social responsibility initiative in the area of educational empowerment in Nigeria.
The 2013 edition of the Indomie MSC Nutrition Scholarship Awards is the Fifth edition of the laudable CSR initiative of the company which was instituted in 2009 for Nigerian students studying Nutrition and Dietetics at masters’ degree level with the aim of assisting the training of high level Nutrition and Dietetics manpower in the country
The scholarship is open to all Nigerian students qualified for admission to MSC programme in Nutrition and Dietetics within the Nigerian University environment. Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students from every geopolitical zone of the Federation including the FCT.
Mode of Application
- Written Application providing full names (surname first);
- A copy of letter of admission into the programme (or photocopy of Application for Admission);
- Details of educational history
- Evidence of state of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary)
All enclosed in an A4 enveloped and should be marked ‘APPL 2013 AWARD’ on the top left corner addressed to
DUFIL-NUTRITION, AWARDS PROGRAMME,
P.O. Box 1983 SAPON, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline for submission
On or before February 28, 2013
February 13, 2013 | Editor
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Prof. (Mrs.) Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i O.O.N, is inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2013/2014 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award tenable in Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c
The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) in the following field of studies.
- Undergraduate level – Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Three (3) years old (2010 – 2012). Applicants who by October 2013 will be in 300 Level and above in any Tertiary Institution need not apply.
- Age limit is 23 years
NOTE (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
Interview Date: 11th to 15th March, 2013
DOWNLOAD the Full official advertorial
February 3, 2013 | Editor
Nigerian AGIP Oil Company Limited (NAOC) – Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/Phillips Joint Venture in pursuance of its Community Development Programme invites suitably qualified candidates for its 2012/2013 Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme for Undergraduate Nigerian 100 level Students in the following categories:
- National Merit Award: For applicants from non-host communities studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences.
- Host Communities Merit Award: For applicants strictly from NAOC host communities of Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states
To qualify for consideration applicants MUST be:
- Registered FULL TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application.
NOTE: The following categories of students should NOT apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from other companies and agencies
- Dependants of employees of NAOC, AENR and NAE
Method of Application
To qualify for consideration applicants must complete their online application and verify their application details on or before 17th February 2013.
All applicants for Host Communities Merit Award MUST attach current (2013–2014) Letters of Identification duly signed by:
- the current (2013) Chairman and Secretary of his/her CDC
- bona-fide traditional/paramount ruler of the community; and,
- the current (2013) Local Government Chairman or the Secretary
An Aptitude Test for the applicants in both Categories of Award will be conducted at the following centers:
- Port Harcourt
NOTE: Candidates are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from the Aptitude Test center.
Deadline: Applications must not be made after the the deadline February 17th, 2013
February 2, 2013 | Editor
Launched in January 2011, the scholarship program is SevenUp Botling Company’s way of contributing towards building a greener future for Nigeria. Each year, a deserving Nigerian youth, resident within the country, will be selected and given the privilege of the best quality education at the Harvard Business School for the MBA Class of 2015.
The scholarship covers tuition, housing, a ticket to the United States to begin the MBA program and a ticket back from the United States at the end of the MBA program.
The application deadlines are:
|Application submitted online
by 12 noon Boston time
|Notification of the
MBA Admissions Board’s decision
||Monday, September 24, 2012
||Wednesday, December 12, 2012
||Monday, January 7, 2013
||Wednesday, March 27, 2013
||Monday, April 8, 2013
||Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Please note that each “round” represents a distinct period in which you may apply, not a succession of steps for your application. You may apply in one round only, one time in an application year.
Given past experience, we anticipate that many candidates will submit their online application materials very close to 12 noon on submission deadline dates. To avoid heavy server traffic and potential delays, we encourage candidates to submit application materials as early as possible.
Applications received after 12 noon on September 24, 2012 will be considered in Round 2. Applications received after 12 noon on January 7, 2013 will be considered in Round 3. Applications received after 12 noon on April 8, 2013 will not be considered.
When Should I Apply?
To avoid overwhelming server traffic generated by the high volume of applications we receive, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline of each round. We encourage applicants to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class may be limited by the third round. In addition, applying in the earlier rounds will give candidates more time to address the following:
International candidates needing visas will find that applying in Round 3 makes the timing of their visa application stressful.
International candidates admitted in Rounds 1 and 2 find that it’s helpful to have the additional time to work on English proficiency.
Some candidates may be required to complete preliminary course work prior to their enrollment.
Many deadlines for outside (non-Harvard Business School) fellowships are in early spring. Only students who have been accepted are eligible for these fellowships.
Financial aid is available regardless of when students are admitted. However, since admitted students may apply for financial aid only after they are admitted Round 3 admits have less time to prepare their application.
Harvard Business School residence halls and Harvard University-affiliated apartments are assigned by lottery. Deadlines for both of these housing options precede Round 3 notification, and you must be admitted to HBS before you can enter these lotteries.
Once you gain admission from HBS, submit a copy of your electronic admission letter to us. All eligible applicants (Nigerian citizens resident in Nigeria who have gained admission to HBS) will be invited for multiple rounds of interviews with SevenUp Bottling Company Executives to determine their fit with SBC’s vision for the scholarship.
One scholarship will be awarded annually.
It is important to note that the Harvard Business School MBA application process is separate. Seven-Up only assesses candidates after they have successfully navigated the entire HBS MBA application process on their own.
January 22, 2013 | Editor
Afren One Planet MBA Scholarship offers £34,000 which covers the full One Planet MBA tuition fee for 2013/14, as well as a contribution towards accommodation and living expenses at the Business School of Exeter University, The Sunday Times University of the Year 2012-2013.
Eligible candidates will need to:
- Meet the full entry requirements for the One Planet MBA.
- Have a background or demonstrable interest in the oil and gas sector.
- Be a resident of one of the following countries/regions: Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Iraqi Kurdistan, Kenya, Madagascar, Nigeria, Seychelles, Tanzania.
Applying for a Scholarship
- You need to have received an offer of a place on the MBA before you apply for a scholarship.
- You can then complete and return the relevant scholarship application form by the deadline.
All scholarships are awarded on a discretionary basis, with eligibility assessed on the basis of your academic qualifications, work experience and your personal statement.
Please contact the MBA Administrator for more information.
Deadline: 30th June 2013
January 16, 2013 | Editor
The Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) group, is offering 10 graduate students the chance to study for a Masters qualification at a UK university from September 2014.
The NLNG Scholarship Schemes are part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility efforts to support human capital development and encourage high performance while ultimately growing a pool of high potential graduates and professionals with competitive advantage.
The NLNG Post Graduate Scholarship, launched in October 2012, is for graduates from NLNG host communities, Rivers State and rest of Nigerian residing in Nigeria who graduated with second class upper and above in their first degree. The scholarship is meant to aid them acquire Post Graduate degrees that will turn them into high potential professionals or entrepreneurs and boost their contribution to national development.
Applications for 2014 scholarships open in November 2013.
About the NLNG Scholarship
- The NLNG Scholarship funds your study and contributes towards your living expenses for the duration of your Masters degree
- You must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of applying
- You must have completed your NYSC programme (or be finishing in early 2013)
- Limited to graduates with a first class or upper second class degree.
- The scholarship is for courses of study in the areas of engineering, geosciences, environmental sciences, management sciences, medicine and law.
- Applicants are encouraged to identify and apply independently to the universities of their choice, so that they can secure a conditional place as early as possible. However, British Council will help scholarship winners find a course and university should they not already be accepted at the first choice institution.
- Applicants should meet the admissions requirements of the university they plan to study at before applying for the scholarship
- Applicants who are shortlisted will be required to take an IELTS test to measure their level of English ability. Find out more about taking IELTS with British Council.
British Council Nigeria is responsible for administering the scholarships and is the main point of contact for the scheme.
January 15, 2013 | Editor
Newcastle University, International Office offers Scholarships to the high achieving Nigerian students. These scholarships are offered for postgraduate taught degree or research programmes in Newcastle University Law School , Newcastle University Business School (NUBS), Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE). Five Scholarships are offered for first year of tuition fees. These are available for students commencing their studies in September 2013. Each scholarship will have a value of £3,500, payable towards the first year of tuition fees. The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th June 2013.
Study Subject(s): These scholarships are offered to study in law school, business school and faculty of science, agriculture and engineering of Newcastle University.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate taught degree or research degree level.
Scholarship Provider: International Office
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
Eligibility: –You could be eligible to apply for a NU Nigeria Scholarship if:
- You have been offered a place on any postgraduate degree programme in the Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS), Newcastle University Law School and Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
- You are a Nigerian national and have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes.
- You have a Second Class Upper degree from a recognised Nigerian University and satisfy all other requirements
- You intend to register to start your studies during the 2013-14 academic year
- You are a self-funded student and not in receipt of other University or external awards
Scholarship Open for International Students: Nigerian students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The International Office is delighted to announce 5 Newcastle University Nigeria Scholarship (NU Nigeria Scholarship) awards. These are available for high achieving Nigerian students applying for entry onto postgraduate taught degree or research programmes.
Number of award(s): 5 Scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships are offered for first year of tuition fees.
What does it cover? These are available for students commencing their studies in September 2013. Each scholarship will have a value of £3,500, payable towards the first year of tuition fees.
Other Benefits: Not Known
Selection criteria: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th June 2013.
December 31, 2012 | Editor
Total Plc. and the Embassy of France in Nigeria have initiated a joint scholarship scheme to sponsor the training of five Nigerians abroad every year.
A statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by Mr Charles Ebereonwu, the Manager (External Communication) of Total, said that the scheme was part of the company’s efforts to contribute to the development of the country’s education sector.
It noted that the Joint Scholarship Scheme (‘TQJS’) titled “Total E &P Nigeria Ltd. (TEPNG) /Quai d’ Orsay’’ would take effect from the 2012/2013 academic session.
The statement, however, said that the pilot stage of the scheme had commenced this year with one candidate sponsored to study international law in France.
It stressed that the agreement for the training was signed by Mr Guy Maurice, the Managing Director of TEPNG, and Amb. Jacques Champagne de Labriolle, the French Ambassador to Nigeria.
The statement quoted de Labriolle as saying that the scheme was based on the need to contribute to the training of Nigerians in different fields, while commending Total for contributing to the development of the Nigerian society.
It also quoted Maurice as saying that the initiative was a reflection of the company’s confidence in the country and a continuation of what it had been doing in the past.
“The agreement makes provision for a four-man steering committee to manage the scheme on behalf of the parties and each of the international scholarship is worth about 54 000 Euros,” Maurice said in the statement.
Total has been collaborating with top-rated institutions across the world, as part of its human capacity development efforts.
It is also the main sponsor of the Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS), a post-graduate institute at the University of Port Harcourt, managed in collaboration with the prestigious Institute France du Petrole (IFP) in France.
December 29, 2012 | Editor
The Honourable Minister of Education, Prof. (Mrs) Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i hereby invites application from qualified Nigerian University graduates to participate in the 2013 selection interview of the postgraduate Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) awards tenable in the United Kingdom. These awards may be in any of the following categories:
- One year taught masters courses or equivalent degrees
- Six months of enhancing clinical skills in medicine or dentistry.
- Doctoral degrees, & up to three years duration. (You may be nominated to undertake extensive periods of fieldwork in Nigeria).
- One year research on a split-site basis, towards a PhD registered at a university in Nigeria.
- Entry Qualification is Minimum of First Degree, Second Class Upper Division (2:1)
- Completion of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) by November, 2012.
- For enhancing clinical skills in the fields of medicine and dentistry, must have qualified, as a doctor or dentist between 1st October, 2003 and 30th September, 2008. Please see http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply
- d) Please do not be in a hurry to complete the EAS form until you are satisfied with the following information on:
- http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply for prospectus and a link to the Electronic Application System (EAS). Complete and submit the EAS form online on or before 20 November, 2012. Print four (4) copies of the EAS to be submitted during the interview
- http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk./apply for details of programmes.
- www.csfp-online.org for information on commonwealth Scholarships offered by other Commonwealth Countries.
- It is advisable to secure admission in the U.K in minimum of two (2) and maximum of three (3) institutions from the list of institutions having agreement with Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
- Candidates selected by the Commission may be required to provide evidence of a particular level of English training.
- You are encouraged to address the general priorities of DFID in your proposal and demonstrate a link of these to the development priorities of Nigeria, viz:
- Economic Growth and the Private Sector
- Governance and Conflict
- Climate and Environment
- Water and Sanitation
- Food and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies
- Get double assurances from your required three (3) Referees that they would, not disappoint you in terms of prompt response before the interview. Obtain their e-mail addresses.
- Candidates for Doctoral studies must have a supporting statement from at least one
- UK Supervisor.
- Candidates for split-site Doctoral studies must have a supporting statement from Home supervisor as well as from the UK supervisor.
- Candidates are required to upload a scanned passport- size photograph, transcript, birth certificate, and any offer letter received from a UK institution they listed, in their application forms.
Applications will be graded on the following criteria:
- the academic merit
- the likely development impact that a candidate will have after the award
- the quality of study plan
- Ability to adhere strictly to the important notes above, and complete successfully the EAS form is a major requirement to make the Pre-selection list for interview, and the final nomination.
Please note that the interview is tentatively scheduled to take place in Abuja between 3rd -7th December, 2012. Approved Interview Schedule will be published in October, 2012
Method of Application
All further enquiries on this exercise should be made to the Director/Secretary of
the Federal Scholarship Board via: firstname.lastname@example.org
H.U. Abdullahi (Mrs.)
Director, Federal Scholarship Board
September 15, 2012 | Editor
Federal Ministry of Education, Federal Scholarship Board
Plot 245, Samuel Ademulegun Street,(Opposite Arewa Suites),
Central Business District, Abuja – Nigeria
Applications for the NIIT 13th Scholarship are already being accepted. Students and graduates are invited to apply in any of the three new category of Employability Programme:
- Rapid Employability Program: Special 99-day programme to get you job-ready.
- Industry Competitiveness: 4 to 6 months rigorous programme to help you stand out for hi-tech jobs globally.
- Carrer Builder: Intensive 2-year programme to make you an I.T expert.
Application closes on 20th July.
Exam date: 21st July.
June 28, 2012 | Editor
Now you have a brighter future with Karrox Nigeria IT Empowerment Scholarship. It is an opportunity that opens a whole new world of exciting career opportunities to make your future bright.
Qualifying Test Date: 24th July 2010
Abeokuta: Abeokuta Grammar School Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State
Other Cities: Check online
Visit: Karox Nigeria website
- Up to 100% fees waiver.
- Up to 100 guaranteed job placement.
- Discounts on International exams.
- Multiple Career options.
- 30% off on MSI notebooks and more.
- No prior computer knowledge required.
July 10, 2010 | Editor
Lubcon Limited is offering scholarships to qualified and registered Nigerian undergraduate students in any Nigerian University.
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Enginering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Pure and Applied Sciences
- Candidate must be holders of SSCE or its equivalent with atleast six (6) subjects passed as a sitting with a minimum of five (5) distinctions.
- Applicants must be registered full time undergraduates in the 2nd year of study during the 2008/2009 academic year in any Nigerian University.
- Certification by the Registrar of the University is most necessary.
- Only undergraduates pursuing courses in the sciences as highlighted above will be eligible.
- Students who are on a similar Scholarship Awards need not apply.
- Dependants of employees of Lubcon Limited and its subsidiaries are not eligible for the scholarship.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should provide requested information in an Excel/Spreadsheet format with the column heading shown below and send to email@example.com
S/N | SURNAME | FIRST NAME | LGA | STATE OF ORIGIN | SSCE RESULT | JAMB RESULT | UNIVERSITY | MATRIC NUMBER | DISCIPLINE | YEAR OF STUDY | GSM NUMBER | PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS | ADDRESS (STREET ADDRESS) NOT P. O. BOX
Closing date for receipt of application is 2 weeks after publication
Shortlisted candidates will be required to come with the original and photocopy of the following documents for screening prior to taking the qualifying test:
- Evidence of SSCE result
- Evidence of admission into any Nigerian University
- Evidence of current year of study
- Current University Identity Card
- 2 current passport photogrophs
- Evidence of state of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary
Shortlisted candidates for the qualifying test will be contracted through their email address/GSM phone.
Source: The Guardian, Thursday 4th September, 2008 (page 42)
September 5, 2008 | Editor
The board of trustees of the Yewa Education Trust Funds has announced the 2008 scholarship award scheme designed for the indigent Yewa Sons and Daughters in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Interested applicants are to collect application forms at the sum of N250.00 only from the offices of the secretary to the following Local Government Council and locations.
- Imeko/Afon LG Secretariat, Imeko
- Yewa North LG Secretariat, Ayetoro
- Yewa South LG Secretariat, Ilaro
- Abeokuta North LG Secretariat, Akomoje, Abeokuta
- Ado-Odo/Ota LG Secretariat, Ota
- Ipokia LG Secretariat, Ipokia.
- Dare Photo Studio, Opposite World Oil Petrol Station, via Ibara Roundabout, Abeokuta
Completed application forms should be submitted at any of the above listed LG Secretariat/locations (irrespective of the where the forms were collected) not later than Thursday, August 21, 2008
Successful applicants will be communicated to and presented with their awards at a special ceremony on the date to be announced.
Enquires: 08033479021, 08033558253, 08062455991
August 5, 2008 | Editor
Get a fee waiver of up to N200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) on any of the courses offered by NIIT Nigeria as part of the 9th NIIT Nigeria annual scholarship award.
No knowledge of computer is required for you to qualify
Application closes: Friday, 11th July, 2008
Examination date: Saturday 12th July, 2008
Result: 21st July, 2008
Visit a NIIT Center or any Zenith Bank Plc near you and fill in the FREE Application Form.
NIIT has a training center in several Nigerian city including Abeokuta (69 Kuto Road) and Ota (Tantolorun House, KM 1, Idi-iroko Road, Ota Roundabout).
June 7, 2008 | Editor
An aptitude test would be conducted on Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 8.00 a.m in respect of the 2007/2008 NNPC/Chevron National and State Merit Awards. Invitation letters have been sent to shortlisted students. Also, shortlisted candidates were published on The Punch Newspaper of Saturday, 31st May, 2008.
Candidate whose name appears on the list but have not recieved their invitation letters are advised to report at the centre nearest to their schools, with proof of identification, of the day of the test.
The test would be conducted on in the following centres
June 1, 2008 | Editor
- LAGOS: University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos
- ABUJA, NUC Auditorium, Physical Planning & Development, NUC, Abuja
- PORT HARCOURT: Bereton Montessore Nursery & Primary, Plot 270, Stadium Road, G.R.A. Phase 4, Rumuomasi, Port Harcourt.
The University of Sheffield offers a range of scholarships to students of high academic ability from Nigeria for September 2008.
- Undergraduate Scholarships for students commencing their studies in the Faculties of Engineering, Pure Science and the School of Law in September 2008:
- Nigeria 50% Undergraduate Scholarships 2008
- Postgraduate research degrees
Visit the University of Sheffield Nigerian scholarship page for more information.
February 5, 2008 | Editor
The Nigeria National Committee for the United World Colleges (U.W.C) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of Scholarship Awards to some U.W.Cs. Currently, there are twelve Colleges located in various countries, namely United Kingdom, Singapore, Canada, Swaziland, U.S.A, Italy, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Norway, India, Costa Rica and Bosnia Herzegovina.
The Colleges prepare students for a two year International Baccalaureate (IB) certificate (an equivalent of A ‘levels’). Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bill of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health, insurance, clothing, etc. cost where applicable. Candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 17 years. However, those aged 18 and 19 years are eligible for the Simon Boulivar UWC in Venezuela, which is essentially an agricultural institution.
The United World College Movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigerian National Committee was formed in 1982, Currently, Mr. Hakeem Belo Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
To be eligible to apply, candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSCE or GCE O’levels or thier recognized equivalent. Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply with their two years continuous assessment and mock results duly certified by their school heads.
For more information visit the Nigerian National Committee’s website
February 5, 2008 | Editor
- Application starts January 7, 2008.
- Submission of application forms closes February 29, 2008.
- Short-listed Candidates will be invited for a rigorous Selection Exercise at the Sea School, Apapa, Lagos holding from Friday March 21 to Sunday March 23, 2008.
Get a fee waiver of up to N200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) on any of the courses offered by NIIT Nigeria as part of the 8th NIIT Nigeria annual scholarship award. The courses are:
- Oracle 11i
- Oracle 10g
- Microsoft Certified System Enginner 2003
- Sun Java Enterprise Architect
- Software Enterprenuer
To apply, fill an application form at your nearest NIIT center, at any Zenith Bank Plc near you or at www.niitnigeriascholarship.com.
Application closes on: Friday, 20th July 2007
No knowledge of computer is required for you to qualify
NIIT is an international IT training centre which at last count have trained over 3.5 million students worldwide and ranked amongst the top 22 IT institutions across the globe by International Data Corporation.
NIIT has a training center in several Nigerian city including Abeokuta.
Qualifying Examinamation holds 9am on Saturday 21st July 2007
Result would be out on Saturday 28th July 2007.
June 22, 2007 | Editor
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia plans to award 36 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin in the amount of forty thousand Naira each, to female students in Nigerian universities.
- An applicant must be a Nigerian female student in a Nigerian University
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: When You Educate a Woman, You Educate a Community
All applications must include the following:
- State of origin
- A letter of recommendation from two of the following community leaders: Imam, Pastor, Village Head, Local Government Leaders
- A current address, phone number, and an e-mail address
- Permanent Address
- A letter of recommendation from the Dean/Department Head of the University
- Photocopy of your university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- All applications entries must be type-written and double spaced.
- Late applications will not be accepted. All applications must be received at our office by May 15, 2007
- Applications may not be faxed or e-mailed
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship
Application Deadline: May 30th, 2007
All applications must be mailed directly to:
Nigerian Women Association of Georgia
P. O. Box 14532
Atlanta GA. 30324
For details visit the association’s website
May 21, 2007 | Editor