Commonwealth Scholarships And Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 2013/ 20140
The Honourable Minister of Education, Prof. (Mrs) Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i hereby invites application from qualified Nigerian University graduates to participate in the 2013 selection interview of the postgraduate Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) awards tenable in the United Kingdom. These awards may be in any of the following categories:
- One year taught masters courses or equivalent degrees
- Six months of enhancing clinical skills in medicine or dentistry.
- Doctoral degrees, & up to three years duration. (You may be nominated to undertake extensive periods of fieldwork in Nigeria).
- One year research on a split-site basis, towards a PhD registered at a university in Nigeria.
- Entry Qualification is Minimum of First Degree, Second Class Upper Division (2:1)
- Completion of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) by November, 2012.
- For enhancing clinical skills in the fields of medicine and dentistry, must have qualified, as a doctor or dentist between 1st October, 2003 and 30th September, 2008. Please see http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply
- d) Please do not be in a hurry to complete the EAS form until you are satisfied with the following information on:
- http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply for prospectus and a link to the Electronic Application System (EAS). Complete and submit the EAS form online on or before 20 November, 2012. Print four (4) copies of the EAS to be submitted during the interview
- http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk./apply for details of programmes.
- www.csfp-online.org for information on commonwealth Scholarships offered by other Commonwealth Countries.
- It is advisable to secure admission in the U.K in minimum of two (2) and maximum of three (3) institutions from the list of institutions having agreement with Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
- Candidates selected by the Commission may be required to provide evidence of a particular level of English training.
- You are encouraged to address the general priorities of DFID in your proposal and demonstrate a link of these to the development priorities of Nigeria, viz:
- Economic Growth and the Private Sector
- Governance and Conflict
- Climate and Environment
- Water and Sanitation
- Food and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies
- Get double assurances from your required three (3) Referees that they would, not disappoint you in terms of prompt response before the interview. Obtain their e-mail addresses.
- Candidates for Doctoral studies must have a supporting statement from at least one
- UK Supervisor.
- Candidates for split-site Doctoral studies must have a supporting statement from Home supervisor as well as from the UK supervisor.
- Candidates are required to upload a scanned passport- size photograph, transcript, birth certificate, and any offer letter received from a UK institution they listed, in their application forms.
Applications will be graded on the following criteria:
- the academic merit
- the likely development impact that a candidate will have after the award
- the quality of study plan
- Ability to adhere strictly to the important notes above, and complete successfully the EAS form is a major requirement to make the Pre-selection list for interview, and the final nomination.
Please note that the interview is tentatively scheduled to take place in Abuja between 3rd -7th December, 2012. Approved Interview Schedule will be published in October, 2012
Method of Application
All further enquiries on this exercise should be made to the Director/Secretary of
the Federal Scholarship Board via: email@example.com
H.U. Abdullahi (Mrs.)
Director, Federal Scholarship Board
Federal Ministry of Education, Federal Scholarship Board
Plot 245, Samuel Ademulegun Street,(Opposite Arewa Suites),
Central Business District, Abuja – Nigeria