Google Student Ambassador Program 20130
It’s that time of the year again, when we select students from universities across Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) to be part the Google Student Ambassador program.
In 2010, the Google Student Ambassador Program in SSA was launched with Ambassadors selected from 28 universities in 6 countries – Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa and Rwanda. The second year of the program saw tremendous growth as it expanded from 6 to 12 countries, and grew from 28 to 97 universities with 160 Ambassadors within 1 year.
Google Student Ambassadors (GSAs) are student leaders on campus whose mission is to use technology to make a difference, not only in their universities, but also in their communities more widely. It provides an opportunity for students to act as liaisons between Google and their universities. Ambassadors plan and host several events during the school year, introduce students to new Google products and features and act as a campus contact for Google teams.
Eligibility: This program is open to all students across different universities.
As a Google Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product training and be considered for local internships
- Exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines
- Add the Google Student Ambassador Program experience to your resume
- Get your own Google SWAG
Application: If you’re inspired to participate in the Google Student Ambassador Program, you are invited to enter for the 2013 program. Eligible students from all backgrounds should complete the application form.
Deadline: 11th April, 2013