Nigerian Cabotage Promotions Essay Competition 20070
Nigerian Cabotage Promotions is organizing an online essay competition open to Nigerian Secondary school students or youths of Nigerian descent under the age of 23 years based in Nigeria or in Diasporas to mark the unofficial Nigerian Cabotage Day celebrations.
Topic chosen: The Nigerian Cabotage Act of 2003: A legacy for now and the future….Discuss what you can see in the Nigerian maritime related horizons.
Reason for Topic: To create awareness amongst the next generation of Nigerians as it relates to the maritime sector and to possibly kindle in them a desire to move Nigeria in the direction of a truly Cabotage nation while offering a token monetary incentive for the interest shown.
- 1st prize: $500.00
- 2nd prize $300.00
- 3rd prize: $200.00
Panel of Judges considered:
- Mrs. Mfon Ekong Usoro, The Director General of NAMASA (ACCEPTED JUDGE)
- Olisa Agbakoba, SAN and current NBA President aka Mr. Cabotage (PENDING JUDGE)
- Mrs. Ify Akerele, The Director General of Nigerian Chamber of Shipping (PENDING JUDGE)
- Emeka Akabogu, Barrister and Solicitor, Principal Partner of ARS (ACCEPTED JUDGE)
- Mr. Eddie Skinn, Executive Director, External Affairs Addax Petroleum Development ( Nigeria ) Limited (PENDING JUDGE)
Submission Deadline: April, 23rd, 2007
Submit essays to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prize to be awarded by April 30th, 2007 in celebration of Nigeria ’s unofficial Nigerian Cabotage Day.