NLNG Post Graduate Scholarship To Study In The UK0
The NLNG Scholarship Schemes are part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility efforts to support human capital development and encourage high performance while ultimately growing a pool of high potential graduates and professionals with competitive advantage.
The NLNG Post Graduate Scholarship, launched in October 2012, is for graduates from NLNG host communities, Rivers State and rest of Nigerian residing in Nigeria who graduated with second class upper and above in their first degree. The scholarship is meant to aid them acquire Post Graduate degrees that will turn them into high potential professionals or entrepreneurs and boost their contribution to national development.
Applications for 2014 scholarships open in November 2013.
About the NLNG Scholarship
- The NLNG Scholarship funds your study and contributes towards your living expenses for the duration of your Masters degree
- You must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of applying
- You must have completed your NYSC programme (or be finishing in early 2013)
- Limited to graduates with a first class or upper second class degree.
- The scholarship is for courses of study in the areas of engineering, geosciences, environmental sciences, management sciences, medicine and law.
- Applicants are encouraged to identify and apply independently to the universities of their choice, so that they can secure a conditional place as early as possible. However, British Council will help scholarship winners find a course and university should they not already be accepted at the first choice institution.
- Applicants should meet the admissions requirements of the university they plan to study at before applying for the scholarship
- Applicants who are shortlisted will be required to take an IELTS test to measure their level of English ability. Find out more about taking IELTS with British Council.
British Council Nigeria is responsible for administering the scholarships and is the main point of contact for the scheme.