Nigerian Women Association of Georgia Scholarship Programme 20130
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia, Inc. U.S.A offers annual scholarship awards to 36 female students in Nigerian universities in the amount of Forty Thousand Naira (N40,000 as at 2009) – one winner from each state. The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships of fifty thousand Naira each to female students in Nigerian university for each states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 by the then Consul General’s wife, Mrs. Dayo Keshi with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria.
As at 2012, NWAG has successfully awarded a one-time, one year scholarship to 338 female students in Nigeria and 34 students in the USA.
The mission of NWAG is to serve our local community as well as our country Nigeria, through empowerment, cultural enrichment, and education of women, youth and children, thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in our collective pursuits.
The current NWAG President, Mrs. Abby F. Ebodaghe, who looks forward to the 11th Annual NWAG Scholarship Awards challenges female undergraduates from unrepresented or minimally represented states and universities to participate this year and change that picture. She is calling on families to encourage their daughters to take advantage of this opportunity.
- An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on: “How could we improve the health system in Nigeria especially for women, youth and children?”
- All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
- Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
- Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified and rejected.
- ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
All applications should be mailed to:
Nigerian Women Association of Georgia, INC. USA
P. O. Box 14532, Atlanta, Georgia 30324
electronically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: All applications must be POST-MARKED or EMAILED by MAY 30, 2013.
Download Application Form