Odu’a Investment 2013 Scholarship Awards0
Odu’a Investment Company Limited, is again offering scholarships to indigent but brilliant students under our Odu’a Scholarship Award Scheme “Nurturing the Leaders of Tomorrow”.
Odu’a Investment Company Limited was incorporated as a Holding Company in July 1976, to take over the business interests of the former Western State of Nigeria now comprising Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In the last two years, the company has offered N47m lifeline to about 400 indigent but brilliant students of owner-states studying in the tertiary institutions across the country. N20 million was shared among the five Odu’a states at N4 million per state in 2008 while in 2009, N27million was offered by the company to the shareholders states. The amount covered school fees and other bills.
Each beneficiary received N100,000 per session, which would be sustained till they graduate, provided they maintain a second class upper division grade throughout the period of their study.
To enjoy the programme, students must maintain high moral standards (omoluabi) that was regarded as a great virtue among the Yoruba people. Odu’a was involved in this project because of its belief in the development of human capital, which is the hallmark of nations aspiring for greatness.
Criteria for Application
- Applicants must be an indigene of any of the following Odu’a states: Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti.
- Applicants must be in their second year or above and must have a good record of conduct (OMOLUABI) in the University. Candidate found to be involved in any misconduct, cultism or misdemeanor will have his/her application cancelled.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of second class upper division.
- Applicants must currently be an undergraduate student in a Nigerian Federal or State University and must be studying any of the following courses:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technology or Engineering Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Environmental Sciences
How to Apply
Note: Only successful candidates would be notified through their email addresses and Phone Numbers for an aptitude/selection test.
Deadline: 8th April 2013