Premium Times Centenary Essay Competition0
Interested Nigerians are invited to participate in a writing competition sponsored by Premium Times Services Limited. The theme/topic of this essay competition is, Visioning The Centenary. The overview of this competition is the remarkable journey Nigeria has taken from mere geographic expression of several hundred ethno-nations to a country in one hundred years. It will therefore be
an essay on events visualised on a decade-by-decade progression. This competition is open to all Nigerians across the world with special emphasis on young people age 30 and below but not limited to them.
Interested Nigerians should respond latest by Friday, April 13th 2013, by doing all of these:
- Write a short synopsis with details on which decade they want to write on.
- Write a short bio on your person, which would include gender, age, religion, education, occupation, interests, passion and anything that will help us know you better.
- Write contact address and phone numbers.
This statement of interest is to help make the grading process effective.
- Each essay must not be more than two thousand words (2000).
- Single lined spacing.
- Each essay must focus on one (1) decade i.e. 1914 to 1923, 1924 to 1933, 1934 to 1943, 1944 to 1953, 1954 to 1963, 1964 to 1973, 1974 to 1983, 1984 to 1993, 1994 to 2003, 2004 to 2013.
- Each contestant is welcome to enter for more than one (1) decade but a maximum of three (3) essays.
- Each essay should have the following focus elements; the defining politics, science, technology and arts of the decade; it should touch on the defining intellectual momentum, major events and leaders of thought in that period. It should also mention outstanding Nigerians lost in that decade and their contribution to society.
- Sent as an attachment to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All essays must be submitted on or before May 25th, 2013.
The winning essay for each decade will get 50,000 Naira. Prizes worth N500,000 will be given out in total.
Source: Premium Times Website