2013 edition of the National Essay Competition is out. Winners will get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
The Essay Competition is a follow up on of the Read Africa initiative of the Foundation, which involves giving out literature books to secondary school students to help rekindle the reading culture amongst the youths in Africa. The Programme also involves mentoring and reading sessions with the students.
Topic: “How reading has impacted my knowledge”
Organizer: The UBA Foundation
The first, second and third prize winners will receive N1,000,000.00, N750,000.00 and N500,000.00 in educational grants respectively.
Deadline: 1 November, 2013
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or photocopies of International passport data page
- Applicants must be Senior Secondary School students in Nigerian Secondary Schools
- Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the competition topic
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (school name & address, residential address, phone number and email address)
- When the entries close, four renowned Nigerian Professors will review the entries and select an initial shortlist of 12 for further assessment until the overall 3 best candidates emerge.
- The students would be judged on content, organization and mechanical accuracy.
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intend to study in an African university.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries should be sent to:
United Bank for Africa Plc UBA House (3rd Floor)
57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
Got a question? Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org