Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme (YIELP)0
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in furtherance of its intervention in the real sector of the economy and job creation effort has launched the Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme (YIEDP) and adopted Heritage Bank as the sole pilot bank for the Programme. The programme is aimed at harnessing the latent entrepreneurial spirit among the teeming youths by providing timely and affordable loans to implement their business ideas. This further provides a sustainable mechanism to stimulate employment, contribute to the Nation’s non-oil GDP, and address the challenge of youth restiveness.
The following categories of youth (aged 18 – 35) are eligible under this scheme:
- Serving youth corps members
- Non-NYSC (not more than 5 years post NYSC)
Qualified Business Sectors:
- Agro – Allied
- Food Processing / Preservation
- Arts & Crafts
- Manufacturing / Cottage Industry
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Construction Support
- Power & Energy
- Education & Financial Inclusion
- Film & Photography
- Eligible youth can apply for the loan through this portal http://www.yiedp-hbng.com/using his/her NYSC State Code.
- Applications can be made as an Individual or as a group (of 3-5 applicants with similar business interest)
- A single applicant can access up to a facility limit N3m while group project jointly owned by 3-5 qualified beneficiaries can access up to a facility limit of N10m.
- Applicants can also track application status via the same portal.
- Security: Graduate entrepreneurs will use their tertiary institution(s) certificate(s) and their NYSC discharge certificate. Serving Corp members will pledge their NYSC discharge certificate and their tertiary institution(s) certificates(s). Also, legal ownership of assets financed by the Bank and 3rd party guarantors will be requested as additional collateral from all entrepreneurs.