The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has finally released the results of candidates whose results were initially withheld over non-biometric verification even as 91, 610 candidates will commence the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME. Computer based Test in the 7 various designated centres, CBT from Saturday.
Registrar and Chief Executive of JAMB, Professor ‘Dibu Ojerinde, while announcing the release of the results of the paper-pencil test and dual-based test conducted a forthnight ago across the nation and two foreign centres, said the CBT will take place in the country and other countries namely Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom and South Africa.
Ojerinde who had said over 80, 419 results of the candidates were withheld for various reasons, noted that out of this figure, results of 68,309 candidates from various centres were undergoing further screening to ascertain their culpability, while results of 12,110 candidates had been withheld for possible disciplinary action
Saturday Vanguard was reliably informed that the results of candidates withheld over lack of biometric verification have been released.
Some of the candidates, who could not be verified as the biometric could not show their finger print on the day of the examination were listed by the invigilators in the affected examination centres and forwarded to JAMB head-office, Abuja, for scrutiny.
Saturday Vanguard also learnt that some other results of candidates were also withheld for further investigation of their innocence or otherwise over alleged examination malpractices, have been cleared and their results released while some other serious cases are still pending, as the Board said the exercise was a continuous process until final decision was taken on them.
He said that the scheduled computer-based test will hold from May 18 till June 1 in over 70 centres. He advised candidates to reprint their e-Registration slips afresh to further ascertain their CBT centres.
Source: The Vanguard (Nigeria)